You can now save hundreds of euro on your annual car insurance premium when you sign up for a new policy with Zurich through bonkers.ie.
We recently launched our new car insurance service here at bonkers.ie, making it easier for you to navigate the car insurance world. Car insurance is a necessity for driving on Irish roads, but we know that finding the right policy can be a tedious and time-consuming task.
We’ve partnered with Zurich to offer you a direct, discounted car insurance quote, meaning you could save significantly on your annual premium in just a few steps.
Once you've found the right policy to suit your needs, you can apply online on our site in just minutes.
Here’s all you need to know about Zurich and its car insurance offering.
Who is Zurich?
Zurich provides a wide range of insurance products and services in more than 215 countries and territories globally.
Zurich has been providing car insurance in Ireland for over 60 years and has a local customer support team in Wexford who is on hand to help if needed. The insurance company also has one of the lowest standard excess rates in the market at €250.
With Zurich car insurance, you can avail of great discounted offers and car insurance benefits. Better yet, you can get an additional 10% off when you apply for a policy with Zurich through bonkers.ie.
Cover types available
Once you provide us with some information about you, your car and your driving experience over on our car insurance page, you’ll be able to see the policies available from Zurich.
You can get third-party, fire and theft cover, or comprehensive cover, both of which offer a range of benefits.
Third-party, fire and theft
This type of insurance covers:
- The amount you may have to pay if legally liable for the death or bodily injury to a third party, and damage to property owned by a third party as a result of an accident involving the insured vehicle.
- Loss of or damage to the insured vehicle as a consequence of fire, theft or attempted theft.
- 2-year step back protection.
- Fire brigade charges, up to a maximum of €2,000.
- Medical expenses, up to a maximum of €200 per person.
Comprehensive cover includes standard cover provided under third-party, fire and theft, as well as:
- Loss or damage to the insured vehicle by accidental means.
- Roadside breakdown assistance.
- Windscreen cover.
- Personal accident.
- Foreign travel.
- Replacement of locks.
- New for old vehicle replacement.
- Personal belongings, up to a maximum of €500.
When purchasing your car insurance premium, you’ll be given the option to purchase optional add-ons at an extra cost, in addition to standard cover.
Third-party, fire and theft extras:
- Personal accident: This provides additional fixed benefits in the event that you or your spouse/partner sustain an injury while travelling in your car.
- Roadside breakdown assistance: This provides emergency assistance if your car suffers a breakdown when you’re more than 2km away from your home.
- Windscreen protection: This covers the cost of repairing or replacing the front windscreen, and back and side windows.
Comprehensive cover extras:
- Legal expenses protection: This covers legal costs incurred in defending a motoring conviction, recovering uninsured losses following a motor accident, and disputes involving the purchase or sale of your car.
- Driving other cars: This provides third party liability cover allowing you to drive other cars.
- Full NCD protection: This will preserve your no claims discount in the event of a claim.
- Extended personal protection: This provides increased lump sum payments should you or your spouse/partner sustain an injury, and greater sum insured limits for personal items in your car.
- HomeStart Assistance: This is an extension to the standard roadside assistance and covers the breakdown of your car while at home or within 2km of your home.
Why should you use bonkers.ie for car insurance?
Here at bonkers.ie, we’ve made finding the right car insurance to suit your needs quick and easy.
Our collaboration with Zurich and our advanced comparison technology has enabled us to offer you direct, discounted car insurance quotes. The process can all be carried out online in the space of a few minutes.
Best of all, our service is 100% free, easy-to-use and accurate.
Reduce your other insurance costs
Here at bonkers.ie we have a range of other services that will help you to lower your insurance costs. You can easily get quotes for home insurance, life insurance, serious illness cover and mortgage protection insurance.
Check out our car insurance articles
Looking for some more car insurance information? We have plenty of other articles that may prove beneficial to you.
- Take a look at our guide which outlines how to use our car insurance service in just six simple steps.
- When applying for car insurance it’s important to be informed about potential pitfalls. In this guide, we outline 10 mistakes people make when taking out car insurance.
- Here are 12 things to consider when taking out car insurance to make sure you buy the right policy for you.
- If you’re new to driving, here’s what to know if you're taking out car insurance as a first-time driver.