Terms & Conditions of Use
Welcome to bonkers.ie, your gateway to the following information and services:
- Calculators for comparing gas and electricity tariffs from all Irish suppliers
- Calculators for comparing broadband, home phone and bundles from Irish suppliers
- A platform to enable you to sign up to many providers of products and service suppliers listed on our website
- Tools for comparing mortgages, savings accounts, credit cards and other financial products
- Updates on price changes and other developments in the services and products offered by the Providers on this website
We refer to the services above and other similar services and online tools that we provide from time to time as (“our services” or “our service”).
What we do & don’t do
As may have already worked out, we are Bonkers Money Limited (trading as “Bonkers” and “bonkers.ie”), a company registered in Ireland under company registration number 477742 and having its registered office at Nutley Building, Nutley Lane, Dublin 4, Ireland. References to “we”, “us”, “our”, “bonkers.ie” and “Bonkers” are references to Bonkers Money Limited. To the extent that you are agreeing to do, or not do, something all of those reference are deemed to include references to any company owned or controlled by us from time to time. We currently carry on business using the www.bonkers.ie and broadbandspeedtest.ie websites.
Who we are
We provide an online comparison and switching platform on which you can compare the prices and other distinguishing features of various services and products and through which you have the option of applying to acquire those products or services directly from the relevant product and service providers.
It is very important that you are aware that, while we provide you with certain information relating to the relevant products and services, and in some cases enable you to provide certain information to the relevant product or service provider (ie by completing forms), we only provide the services referred to above. We do not provide the relevant services and products that appear on our website.
Also we cannot advise you on which service or product is suitable for you.
The sellers/service providers that supply products or services that appear on our website are referred to as “Providers” or a “Provider”.
When we refer to “our website” we mean our websites and any mobile or other applications giving you access to our websites and our services that we may make available to you to use from time to time.
When we refer to “Register” and “Registered” we mean creating an account with us through our website.
This is a legal contract
As our role is to provide the platform for you to acquire products or services from Providers, in addition to your contractual relationship between with us, you may have other separate, contractual relationships with Providers and other legal entities when you acquire products or services or interact with our website. Those Providers and other legal entities, and not us, are responsible for providing the product or service and for dealing with any claims or any other issues arising out of or in connection with the contract between you and the Provider/other legal entities.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, Bonkers Money Limited, is a data controller in relation to the personal data that you disclose to us.
You are agreeing that we can passing to the relevant Provider the information and other data that you provide when completing applications forms for the relevant product or service that you are interested in.
Watching out for your money
Our website is designed to help you make the most of your money. While we offer plenty of information and ideas on how to do this, the power to act on this information, and the responsibility that comes with it, lies with you.
Below we set out some key points you should bear in mind when using our website.
Your money, your decision
In our various product comparison centres, we may feature a number of providers that have paid us to promote their services to you. We do not recommend one over another and these areas are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all providers of a particular product.
It is up to you to decide whether what they offer is right for you.
The information provided on our website is for general information purposes only. It is not, and should not be construed as, financial, professional or other advice. We strongly caution you not to solely rely on the information you find here to inform your decisions; rather, use it as a starting point for doing your own independent research.
In particular, when you use our website to apply to our advertisers, sponsors and business partners to acquire their products or services you should ensure that you fully understand their terms and conditions and the prices for those products and services.
Individual Customers Only / Means of Access
While we would hope to be able to provide services to business customers in the future, we do not currently do so. For this reason, our website and our services are for your non-commercial, personal use only and not for business purposes. You may access our services only through our website, standard web and mobile browsers and similar consumer applications and any app that we may develop, but not with any robot, spider, offline reader, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device, tool, or process to retrieve, index, or mine data from our website.
Emails that we may send to you
As one of our most important services is providing users of our website with updates on prices and other information relating to the products and services that appear on our website, we may send you administrative and promotional newsletters and emails.
In the event that you start to complete a form on our website and for some reason you do not complete that process, we may send you an email to remind you and we will save the information that you have already completed in order for you to more easily complete the form. If you do not complete the form within 30 days the information that you inserted will automatically expire.
Data and analysis
In the material that we make available on our website, we rely on a wide variety of sources and other websites. We believe these sources of data to be generally accurate and reliable, but sometimes they may not be.
Registration & Passwords
You have the option of registering with us as a registered user. The advantages of registration are that we can provide you with a better service and you can more easily control, and update, the information that we hold about you.
Please note that you may only maintain one active registration and that you must have a valid email registered with us at all times. When you register you will be confirming this to us and you will be warranting to us all information provided by you as part of the registration process is accurate, that you will update it as and when it changes and that we can rely on it.
If an email that we send to you should bounce for some reason, your account may be temporarily suspended until you contact us with a verifiable address. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address or a temporary email address may be closed without notice.
During the registration process, we will ask you for a password. You must keep your password confidential and inform us immediately if any unauthorised third party becomes aware of that password or if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your email address or any breach of security that could result in your password being disclosed or your email account being accessed. You agree that we are not responsible or liable in the event that a person to whom your password is disclosed uses our services and enters into contractual relationships with Providers.
Accessing our Website
Access to our website and any registration/account with us is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw, suspend or amend all or part of our services that we provide on our website without notice for any reason. We will not be liable if for any reason our website or any account is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
How do we find your address / Eircode?
Our content and proprietary rights
In this section, 'Content' means any information, mode of expression, or other material and services found on bonkers.ie. This includes question, answer, review, comment, tip or other piece of user-generated content, as well as software, our writings, graphics and any and all other features that may be found on the website.
Our Content is intended for individual, personal use only. You are permitted to use content delivered to you through our website only for our services or in order to apply for and acquire any of the products or services appearing on our website. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from our content. Further, you agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the software or other technology that we use. Any other copying, distribution, storing or transmission of any kind, or any sort of commercial use of our content, is strictly prohibited without our prior written permission.
We make no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material contained on our website. Nor are we liable for any errors or delays in the content or transmission of the data on our website.
Our advertisers and sponsors
Our website, newsletters and emails may include third-party advertisements. The appearance of an advert does not mean that we endorse the advertiser's goods or services. While we will not knowingly run an advert that is untrue, we are not responsible for the accuracy of any advertising material or the usefulness of an advertised product or service.
In our various product comparison centres, we may feature a number of providers that have paid to promote their services to you. We do not recommend one over another and these areas are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all providers of a particular financial product. It is up to you to decide whether what they offer is right for you.
Bonkers Money Ltd specifically disclaims all liability for any damage or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of a provider's service or product included in our product comparison centres.
Our website may contain areas where you may be able to publicly post information and communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review products and merchants, and otherwise submit your own original content (“Posts”). Your Posts are available to the public and to internet search engines and could be re-posted or republished elsewhere. For this reason it is very important that you consider what you post and what information you provide.
Use of these areas is at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to restrict access to any or all users and to remove any Posts that do not comply with law or our rules (as amended from time to time), including those set under “Conduct” below. We have no obligation to use your Posts and we may not use them at all. Further, we do not have any liability for any Post or other information that appears on, or is removed from, our website or which appears elsewhere.
Any material you transmit or post or submit to our website (or otherwise to us) shall be considered (and we may treat it as) non-confidential and non-proprietary.
You, or any other creator of the Post, own the copyright in the expression of your Posts on our website. Please note, however, that when you Post content, you expressly grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, assignable, non-exclusive license to use, edit, alter, adapt, translate, copy, publish, continue to publish or republish the submission (and/or an edited, adapted or translated version of it or part of it) ('the Work') and/or to sell or otherwise communicate or distribute the Work, as part of an edited compilation or in any other way howsoever. This licence is capable of sub-licence, unlimited in the use to which we may put the Work and exists whether or not you remain a registered user.
As the licence is irrevocable, this means, for example, that we do not have to remove your Posts even if you would like us to and even if you are no longer a registered user. You and any other creator of the Post agree to waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to the authorship of the Post that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory. We may, but are not obliged to, credit you under your registered user name (either the one existing at the time of the Post or otherwise) as the author in any use of your material.
We do not give any representations or warranties that any Posts that are modified or removed by you will be modified or removed from our website, or elsewhere, or that your Posts will cease to appear on the internet, in search engines, social media websites, or in any other form, media or technology.
You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your accounts maintained at other websites and you agree to not misrepresent your identity or your account information. You agree to keep your account information up to date and accurate.
You may not use, or allow others to use, our website, including posting your own content, or your registration with us, to:
- post or transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, indecent, defamatory, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, or defamatory or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person
- post or transmit any material that you do not have a right to transmit under law (such as a post that is in breach copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights or trade secrets) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as non-disclosure / confidentiality agreements)
- post, transmit, or link to sexually explicit material
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or any entity
- post or transmit statements that are intentionally false or misleading, or use such statements to manipulate the market for any security
- post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or other forms of solicitation including chain letters or pyramid schemes
- offer, sell, or buy any shares or other securities
- offer or sell our services and products and services of Providers to others
- violate the laws, rules and regulations of any financial, communications or other regulator and national or other securities exchanges
- violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our website
- collect or store personal data about other users of our website
- post or transmit any file that contains viruses, corrupted files, 'Trojan Horses', or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer or attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately
- provide false information or data
- place a disproportionate burden on our server
- enter into fraudulent or misleading transactions with us, Providers or third parties
You are responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your membership and password. You must not disclose your password to anyone. If your password has been stolen, you must let us know immediately.
Linking to our website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice at any time at our sole discretion.
Terms of service violations
As stated above, please notify us immediately if you have been harassed in any manner or you feel that anything is in violation of the terms and conditions of our service.
Service, disclaimer of warranties and liability and indemnities
Summary - what does this section mean?
In summary, it means that you agree that, save only to the extent that we cannot by law exclude our liability, under no circumstances shall we be liable for any Liability (as defined below) resulting from (i) any information or content that appears on our website or that we send to you, (ii) your use of, or downloading of, any content on our website, (iii) any information that you provide (or do not provide) to us, (iv) the time at which we provide (or do not provide) our services, (v) the manner in which we provide (or do not provide) our services (ie through our website, call centre, email or otherwise), (vi) any decision that you make to apply for and acquire any of the services or products that appear on our website, (vii) your use of those services and products and (viii) any acts or omissions of Providers or third parties. Further, you will pay to us any amounts that we, our team and group of companies may incur in relation to those Liabilities (as defined below).
Save to the extent that we are required to do so by law, we are not making any guarantees, promises or warranties except that we won't intentionally lie to you and that we will exercise reasonable care and skill in delivering our services to users of our website generally (and not just you or other individuals users or categories of users).
As we have stated above, it is up to you to decide whether what the Providers offer is right for you. We strongly caution you not to solely rely on the information you find here to inform your decisions; rather, use it as a starting point for doing your own independent research.
In particular, when you use our website to apply to Providers to acquire any of their products or services, you should ensure that you fully understand (i) how those products and services work, (ii) whether or not they are appropriate for you given your / your family’s personal circumstances and (iii) their price. If you decide to acquire the products and services it is very important that you are aware of all of the terms and conditions that apply.
The detail (which you should also read carefully)
The terms and conditions in this Section have been prepared to reflect the fact that (i) we only provide our services, (ii) we have no control over you or the Providers listed in our comparison centres or other third parties who appear on our website and (iii) we are reliant on, and do not have the means to verify, most of the information that is provided to us by, or obtained by us from, third parties.
In this Section:
“Affiliates” means Bonkers Money Limited’s subsidiaries, any other companies within the same group of companies and each of their respective shareholders, directors and employees;
“Information” means the news, data, content and other information in our comparison centres or other content found on, embedded in (whether through links or otherwise) or referred to on our website and in newsletters, emails and other communications that we issue to you;
“Liability” and “Liabilities” means any, direct or indirect, claim, liability, cost, damage or loss or other liabilities (including, without limitation, legal and other professional fees) that are incurred, including, but not limited to, (i) those arising out of any cause of action (including breach of contract, tort, misrepresentation, restitution or any other cause of action whatsoever and (ii) liabilities expressly provided for under this Agreement.
Your use of our services and all Information whether provided by us or third parties that is included in or accessible from our service or our website is at your sole risk and such Information is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, we do not warrant or represent or give you any form of guarantee or commitment relating to the following:
- the completeness or accuracy or veracity of Information;
- that the Information is not free from errors or omissions;
- the usefulness of Information for any particular purpose;
- that any of the products or services that you apply and/or acquire from Providers, or Information relating to them, is of a particular quality or fit for a specific purpose, including the purposes for which you require them;
- whether or not the Information infringes the rights of third parties;
- that you can use our services;
- that our services will be delivered in an uninterrupted, error-free or timely manner;
- that you will not be affected by any distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect or damage your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or due to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it; and
- that you will not be affected by any unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or your data.
We do not accept, and expressly exclude, responsibility for any and all Liabilities incurred by you or by any third party, arising, directly or indirectly, from:
- the matters and events described in paragraphs (i) to (ix) above;
- the fact that our comparison centres may not reflect, among other things, (i) all products and services that are provided by Providers (ii) prices or other aspects of products or services that have yet to be made public by Providers (iii) prices for services or products to that are offered by Providers to specific customers or categories of customers only and (iv) prices or other aspects of products or services that are advertised by Providers on our website.
- any decision made by you to apply for or acquire, or not to apply for and not to acquire, any products or services from a Provider or other third party that appears on our website;
- the use or the inability to use our service on our services;
- any breach of our service’s security measures;
- the cost of obtaining substitute goods and services;
- products or services applied for, purchased, or obtained or used through the use of our website and our services;
- Information received from us or information or other data received from Providers or other third parties;
- Posts or statements made by, or the conduct of, any third party that uses our website or service;
- the performance or non-performance of any third party, including a Provider, of their obligations to (i) us (ii) our Affiliates (iii) you or (iv) third parties.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, we will not be liable for (i) loss of income or revenue, (ii) loss of actual or anticipated profits, (iii) indirect or consequential loss (whether or not they are known, foreseen, foreseeable or otherwise (iv) loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity or loss of other intangible rights and (v) loss of data.
Nothing in this Section shall exclude or limit our Liability for (i) fraud; (ii) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (iii) serious misconduct by us (other than serious or other misconduct not conducted by us or our Affiliates); or (iv) any Liability or warranty or representation only to the extent that it cannot be excluded or limited by law and this is finally determined having regard to, among other things, whether or not you are a consumer.
You are obliged to take reasonable steps to mitigate/reduce any loss that is or may be suffered by you.
Other Legal terms
Notices to be given to either party shall be in writing and shall be delivered by hand, electronic mail (other than, if you are sending a notice to us for the purpose of legal process) sent by fax or by pre-paid post, to you at the address you supplied to us or to us at our registered office.
In the event that we reorganise our business, you agree that we may transfer your information to another company owned and controlled us. In the event that we propose to sell any business or assets to a third party, you agree that we may (i) transfer anonymised information relating to you to one or more prospective third party purchasers and (ii) and transfer your personal information to the purchaser(s) of the business or assets if the transaction is completed.
In the event that Bonkers Money Limited proposes to sells any business or assets to a third party, we may disclose your personal information to a prospective purchaser on a confidential basis and to any ultimate purchaser.
Suspension and termination
- we may terminate our agreement with you at any time on giving you reasonable notice which shall not in any event exceed one month; and
- we may terminate our agreement with you at any time with immediate effect of you are in breach of your obligations to us.
Our right to terminate this Agreement shall not prejudice any other right or remedy we may have in respect of any breach or any rights, obligations or liabilities accrued prior to termination.