At bonkers.ie we’ve just launched our new car insurance service! You can now apply for cover online through bonkers.ie and start saving on your car insurance costs in minutes.
Led by our team of in-house experts, our insurance services have grown from strength to strength, and have ensured Irish consumers get the best value for money.
With that in mind, we're delighted to announce that we've now added car insurance to our suite of insurance products that we can help you save money on.
Similar to our home insurance service, which we launched last October, you will now be able to apply online for cover on your car in a quick and easy fashion.
Save on car insurance the bonkers.ie way
Car insurance is a huge annual cost for most and is a legal requirement if you want to drive on Irish roads. Yet too many drivers stick with the same insurer, meaning they could be missing out on potential savings.
Our new car insurance service allows you to get a direct discounted quote from insurers, helping you reduce the price you pay for your annual premium.
It’s quick and easy and can be carried out online in just a few minutes. And best of all, it’s completely free!
Six steps to cheaper car insurance
There are only a few simple steps involved in getting your car insurance quote:
- Your car: Head over to our car insurance service page and input your car registration number to get started. Provide us with some details about your car, such as its value and its built-in security features.
- About you: In addition, we’ll ask you to provide us with some personal information, such as your contact details.
- Driving experience: Then you will be required to outline your driving experience and no-claims history.
- Additional drivers: Want to add an extra driver to your policy? You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to add up to 3 extra drivers to your insurance cover at this stage.
- Declarations: Here you can choose the start date of your policy. Finally, you’ll be asked to review and agree to the required declarations.
- Your results: Once your details have been submitted, your cover will be displayed instantly and you can choose the option that best suits you.
A policy tailored to you
You’ll also have the opportunity to filter your results, where you can fine-tune your search and modify your claim excess.
From third-party to fully comprehensive cover, you can choose which policy suits your needs and budget best.
As well as standard cover, you’ll have the opportunity to purchase optional add-ons, such as legal expense protection.
If you’re happy with your policy, you can proceed with your purchase and be covered in just a few minutes!
A fully digital experience
Our car insurance service is fully online and paper-free, so you can complete your application from a location that suits you and digitally sign any documentation required.
Despite our service being digital, our expert insurance advisors will be on hand to help should you require any assistance at any point in the application process.
Switch and save on bonkers.ie
Did you know that we also provide a range of other comparison tools that will help you save money? Take control of your household bills with bonkers.ie.
Helpful articles for motorists
Looking for more helpful car insurance-related information? Whether you’re an experienced driver or are a first-time driver, you may find the following articles beneficial:
- When taking out car insurance, motorists often overlook several important aspects that can lead to them overpaying or not receiving adequate cover. To avoid this, check out the 10 biggest mistakes made when buying car insurance.
- To help guide you on your car insurance journey, keep these 12 considerations in mind when taking out cover.
- New to driving? Take a look at our car insurance tips for first-time drivers.
- We separate fact from fiction in our article on 15 car insurance myths debunked, making it easier for you to navigate the car insurance world.
Get in touch with us
Do you have any questions about our new car insurance service? If so, feel free to get in touch.