How to compare mortgages with bonkers.ie
Your mortgage is likely to be your biggest monthly expense once you draw down your loan. It's vitally important that you shop around before committing to a bank. And that's where we come in.
Our mortgage comparison service is comprehensive, impartial and free. We show mortgages available in Ireland from local and international banks and financial institutions and list them according to your preferences so you can choose the mortgage that’s right for you.
Once you find the mortgage that best suits your needs, you can also submit your mortgage application through bonkers.ie with our mortgage broker service.
Here we explain how our mortgage comparison and broker services work, so you can start your mortgage journey off right. This is the second guide in our eight-part mortgage guide series, which aims to equip you with all you need to know.
How does the bonkers.ie mortgage comparison work?
It’s easy to find the best mortgage rate on the market with our comparison service.
- Simply head over to our mortgage calculator page and fill in some details, such as the mortgage purpose, property value and how much you wish to borrow.
- If you’re switching mortgages, you’ll need to let us know how much remains on your mortgage.
- You can then compare the different interest rates, offers and cashback incentives from all of Ireland’s mortgage lenders and see what your monthly repayments would be.
- You can filter your results by monthly repayment cost, interest rate and full-term cost. You’ll also have the option to view variable or fixed-rate mortgages, or both.
- When you have selected the mortgage that best meets your needs, just click on the ‘Find out more’ button and fill out a form to arrange a callback from one of our qualified mortgage advisors.
- You'll receive a free call to discuss your options and circumstances at a time that suits you.
How does the bonkers.ie mortgage broker service work?
Our mortgage broker service is fully digital from start to finish and is completely paper-free. Our aim is to make it as easy as possible for you to apply for a mortgage.
Here’s how it works!
- Once you submit your application and receive a callback from us, you’ll have to digitally verify your ID by downloading an app and uploading a picture of your driving licence/passport and a selfie.
- You can easily upload all your documents and statements onto our secure online portal, which will give you up-to-the-minute information on the progress of your application.
- You can digitally sign any necessary paperwork or documents.
- Everything from start to finish can be carried out online, from the comfort of your home or wherever is convenient, saving you time, paperwork and hassle.
- Despite everything being carried out online, our expert advisors will always be on hand whenever you need guidance and will be with you through your mortgage journey.
Don’t forget that you’ll also need mortgage protection insurance and home insurance to take out a mortgage. You can also compare rates and apply for both of these right here on bonkers.ie too! In some cases, you could have your cover in under an hour.
You can learn more about our mortgage broker service in this blog.
How does bonkers.ie keep rates up to date?
We monitor all mortgage rates and features on a continuous basis. We are committed to providing you with accurate and up-to-date mortgage rates, features and information at all times so you can compare in confidence.
Start comparing mortgage rates
For more information before applying for a mortgage, you may want to consult the other helpful guides in our mortgage series:
- Take a look at our Quickstart Guide to get an overview of all the articles in our series.
- Discover all you need to know about the mortgage completion process. In this guide we outline all the steps involved in getting a mortgage, from obtaining approval in principle to drawing down your funds.
- Find out what documents you need to apply for a mortgage here.
- Learn all about how mortgage applications are assessed by lenders.
- Become familiar with mortgage-related jargon by checking out our explainer on these 25 common mortgage terms.
- Uncover the answers to your mortgage questions in our guide on frequently asked mortgage questions.
- Finally, before applying for a mortgage here are 10 important things to know