How to compare mortgages with bonkers.ie
Your mortgage is likely to be your biggest monthly expense once you draw down your loan. It's vitally important that you shop around before committing to a bank. And that's where we come in.
Our mortgage comparison service is comprehensive, impartial and independent. We show mortgages available in Ireland from local and international banks and financial institutions and list them according to your preferences so you can choose the mortgage that’s right for you.
Once you find the mortgage that best suits your needs, you can also submit your mortgage application through bonkers.ie with our mortgage broker service.
And best of all, it’ll cost you nothing as it’s 100% free!
How does the bonkers.ie mortgage comparison work?
It’s easy to find the best mortgage rate on the market with our comparison service.
- Simply head over to our mortgage calculator page and fill in some details, such as the mortgage purpose, property value and how much you wish to borrow.
- Compare the different interest rates, offers and cashback incentives from all of Ireland’s mortgage lenders and see what your monthly repayments would be.
- You can filter your results by monthly repayment cost, interest rate and full-term cost. You can also choose to view variable or fixed-rate mortgages, or both.
- When you have selected the mortgage that best meets your needs, just click on the ‘Find out more’ button and fill out a form to arrange a callback from one of our qualified mortgage advisors.
- You'll receive a free call to discuss your options and circumstances at a time that suits you.
How does the bonkers.ie mortgage broker service work?
Our free mortgage broker service is fully digital from start to finish and is completely paper-free. Our aim is to make it as easy as possible for you to apply for a mortgage.
Here’s how it works!
- Once you submit your application and receive a callback from us, you’ll have to digitally verify your ID by downloading an app and uploading a picture of your driving licence/passport and a selfie.
- You can easily upload all your documents and statements onto our secure online portal, which will give you up-to-the-minute information on the progress of your application.
- You can digitally sign any necessary paperwork or documents.
- Everything from start to finish can be carried out online, from the comfort of your home or wherever is convenient, saving you time, paperwork and hassle.
- Despite everything being carried out online, our expert advisors will always be on hand whenever you need guidance and will be with you through your mortgage journey.
Don’t forget that you’ll also need mortgage protection insurance and home insurance to take out a mortgage. You can also compare rates and apply for both of these right here on bonkers.ie too! In some cases, you could have your cover in under an hour.
You can learn more about our mortgage broker service in this blog.
How does bonkers.ie keep rates up to date?
We monitor all mortgage rates and features on a continuous basis. We are committed to providing you with accurate and up to date mortgage rates, features and information at all times so you can compare in confidence.
Start comparing mortgage rates
For more information before applying for a mortgage, you may want to consult our other helpful guides:
- Familiarise yourself with the different types of mortgage interest rates.
- More people are opting for fixed rates over variable rates, however it’s important to know the pros and cons of both so that you can make an informed decision.
- Many banks are offering cashback offers to customers on their mortgages. Take a look at this guide to see whether or not these represent the best value for homebuyers over the long term.