Today at bonkers.ie we’ve launched our new FREE mortgage broker service! First-time buyers, movers and switchers can now apply for their mortgage through Ireland’s favourite comparison and switching website and deal with us throughout their ENTIRE mortgage journey.
For years now customers have been able to compare mortgage rates quickly and easily on bonkers.ie with our free mortgage calculator.
However, when it was eventually time to apply for your mortgage, you had to go elsewhere.
That changes from today as we launch our new mortgage service, backed by our team of qualified mortgage advisers!
This means you'll now be able to deal with bonkers.ie throughout your ENTIRE mortgage journey, from comparing interest rates and applying for your mortgage, to drawing down your loan and getting the keys to your new home!
We’ve spent years hard at work on our new mortgage service and believe it’s the best in the business!
Fully online and hassle-free
Let’s be honest, the mortgage industry has traditionally been quite old-school and you could be forgiven for thinking that the age of the internet and e-commerce had passed it by!
Our aim is to change that by making applying for a mortgage as easy and as seamless as possible.
If you’ve ever switched your gas, electricity or broadband through us you’ll know how easy we make it and how dedicated we are to customer service.
Well the good news is that we’re bringing that approach to applying for your mortgage!
Our new mortgage service is fully digital from start to finish and is completely paper-free and hassle-free.
And best of all, it’ll cost you nothing as it’s 100% free too!
Here’s how it all works…
- Compare rates quickly and easily across all lenders on bonkers.ie using our free mortgage calculator.
- When it’s time to apply for your mortgage, submit an online enquiry and one of our experienced mortgage advisors will call you back to get your application started.
- Digitally verify your ID by downloading an app and uploading a picture of your driving licence or passport. We’ll also ask you to take your best selfie - which we promise not to share!
- You can upload all your documents and statements onto our easy-to-use and secure online portal, which will give you up-to-the minute information on the progress of your application. And you don’t need to upload everything at once. You can save your application and complete it in several goes if you want - whatever’s convenient.
- You can digitally sign any paperwork or documents - no need to traipse into town just to give your signature, go out looking to buy stamps or trying to find a printer!
- Everything from start to finish can be carried out online, from the comfort of your home or wherever is convenient, saving you time, paperwork and hassle.
- Even though everything can be done online, you won’t be stuck trying to communicate with any chat bots or virtual assistants! Our expert advisors will be on hand whenever you need guidance and will be with you all the way through your mortgage journey.
And remember, when it comes to taking out mortgage protection and home insurance (a legal requirement for most mortgage seekers) you can also use bonkers.ie to compare insurance quotes and sign up to a policy in less than one hour in some cases.
Why should I use a mortgage broker?
You may be wondering what the benefits are of using a mortgage broker like us as opposed to going directly to a bank.
Well there are several...
- We can help you get ‘mortgage ready’ so when we submit your application it’ll show you and your finances in the best possible light - improving your chances of getting mortgage approved.
- There are nine lenders in the market right now - we can tell you who’s offering the best rates and offers for your particular circumstances.
- You only need to fill in and submit one application form - we can then talk to multiple lenders on your behalf.
- We can advise you on all areas of the mortgage application process. From whether to choose a fixed or a variable rate, whether to go with a cashback mortgage, and how to get mortgage protection and home insurance.
- If you’re looking to get a mortgage exemption, we’ll be able to tell you which lenders are still offering them.
- Broker-led cases usually progress quicker and more efficiently than direct applications.
- We can save you time, hassle and money.
- Our service is completely free!
A unique, truly digital mortgage application process
Commenting on the launch, Managing Director and CEO of bonkers.ie, David Kerr says:
“Our new service is backed by an in-house team of Qualified Financial Advisors with a wealth of experience advising people on their financial needs and we’ve worked hard to bring the bonkers.ie experience to an industry which has been slow to embrace the online world.
“We’ve tried to eliminate as many pain points as possible with our new service and I feel that we have created a unique, truly digital mortgage application process that will save customers time, hassle and money. And of course the excellent customer service and ease of doing business that bonkers.ie is known for, as shown in our review ratings on Google and Feefo, will be at the heart of everything we do.“
Also commenting was Enda Brazel, Managing Director of Bonkers Financial Services, who said:
“I’m delighted to launch our new mortgage broker service as part of our wider financial services offering. Back in 2019 we launched our very successful life insurance broker service and this was the next logical step on our journey. We know that buying your first home or moving home can be a stressful time for many. But with our new service we’re making the start of that journey as easy and as pain free as possible for consumers.”
Are there any catches?
Our service is 100% free and impartial. And you’ll never be under any pressure to proceed.
So whether you’re a first-time buyer, mover or switcher, we’d love to hear from you.
The only requirement to use our mortgage broker service is that your loan amount be €200,000 or more.
Start your mortgage journey with us today
No matter where you are in your mortgage journey, feel free to get in touch.
You can start by heading over to our free mortgage calculator to compare rates across all lenders.
Choose the one that interests you, arrange a callback, and we’ll get the ball rolling.
Before you embark on your mortgage journey, take a look at some of our helpful guides, such as our explainer on the Central Bank’s mortgage lending rules, or our breakdown of the different types of mortgage interest rates for more information.
And here are 10 things to know before applying for a mortgage.