Which provider is right for you – eir, Sky, Virgin Media or Vodafone?
Whether you’re looking for faster broadband, more TV channels or lower bills, there are some very competitive broadband, TV and home phone deals on offer this December.
eir, Sky, Virgin Media and Vodafone have been competing fiercely to snap up new subscribers for the festive season, offering everything from cashback to six months of free Netflix.
When considering which deal is right for you though, it’s important to remember that a broadband provider isn’t just for Christmas…it’s for, well, 12 to 18 months usually.
Let’s take a look at the best deals available this December.
- eir is currently offering a Tripleplay bundle that comes with unlimited 100 Mb broadband, 54 TV channels and unlimited home phone calls to landlines and mobiles in Ireland and the UK.
- The deal costs €30 a month for the first 6 months and €85 a month after that. It’s an 18-month contract, meaning the average monthly bill works out at €66.67.
And here’s where it gets really interesting...
- eir’s Tripleplay bundle also comes with free eir Sport, which is exclusively showing 42 live Premier League games this season
- New customers also have the option of adding Sky Sports and Sky Cinema for half-price for 12 months, which comes in at €24.50 a month.
- Sky's Original TV bundle comes with over 50 channels, unlimited 100 Mb broadband and unlimited off-peak calls to Irish landlines.
- The deal comes in at €64 a month for the first 12 months and €84.50 after that, so the average monthly cost over the course of the minimum contract is €64.
And there's more...
- The deal comes with €100 cashback, paid in the form of a prepaid Mastercard.
- You can also get half price Sky Cinema and Sky Sports for €24.50 a month for 6 months.
- Virgin Media’s Horizon TV, 360 Mb and Mobile World deal comes with over 80 TV channels, the fastest broadband in Ireland and unlimited calls to mobiles and landlines in Ireland and 22 international destinations.
- The bundle costs €40 a month for the first 6 months and €90 a month after that. And since it’s a 12 month contact, the average monthly bill works out at €65.
And now for the fun stuff...
- New customers who sign up to any of Virgin Media’s Tripelplay deals exclusively on bonkers.ie by will get a free €50 One4all voucher.
- Virgin Media just announced that customers can now watch Netflix via Horizon TV – nice and handy!
- Vodafone is offering a Tripleplay bundle that comes with unlimited 100 Mb broadband, 82 TV channels and unlimited calls to Irish landlines.
- The bundle costs €40 a month for the first 6 months and €85 a month after that. It’s an 18 month contract, so the average monthly bill comes in at €70.
As for the added incentives…
- With this deal, you can choose between six months of free Netflix or six months of free eir Sport.
- And you can also add Sky Sports and Sky Cinema for half price of €24.50 a month for 6 months.
December's best broadband deals
Broadband bundles can be confusing - there are just so many different offers and options out there! It's easy to become bamboozled by choice and to find yourself locked into an expensive contract for something that isn't quite right for you.
The above offers from eir, Sky, Virgin Media and Vodafone are some of the most competitive broadband bundles available this month, but to be sure of finding the perfect deal for you, visit our Compare Broadband, TV and Phone page and run a full market comparison.
And if you're someone who does most of thier phone-calling and TV-viewing on your laptop or smartphone and think a Tripleplay bundle is no longer right for you, have a read about the advantages of 'broadband only' deals here.