Save €466 by switching energy supplier - Newstalk
David Kerr, CEO of bonkers.ie, appeared on Newstalk to discuss the latest price reductions, the state of household energy, and the money to be saved by switching.
Listen to the interview above or look at the main points discussed below.
Main points from the interview:
- From November 1st, Electric Ireland, SSE Airtricity and PrepayPower customers will receive reductions in their bills. Flogas and Bord Gáis customers will receive reductions on the 6th and 9th of November respectively.
- Customers do not need to do anything, as the reductions will be applied automatically.
- However, even with the price cuts, and the €450 energy credit, prices are still abnormally high, meaning many households face the prospect of bill shock this winter.
- Thankfully, the consumer energy market is beginning to open up and suppliers are looking to attract new customers. This time last year, many suppliers closed for new business completely.
- These reductions should save customers of these suppliers around €300 annually on average. However, those that opt to switch to a new discounted rate could save an additional €466 to their annual bill.
- You can avail of these discounts by heading to bonkers.ie, and comparing the entire market for the best tariff for you.
- It is as simple as sitting down once a year, and in just a few clicks you can save hundreds of euros on your bills over the year.
Switch to a cheaper energy deal today
It’s quick and easy to compare deals and switch gas and electricity providers on bonkers.ie.
If you’re seeking advice when it comes to switching supplier, make sure you check out our energy Quickstart Guide here. Our guide will equip you with all you need to know to make the switch and cut the cost of your gas and electricity bills.
You can read more about the cost of living and the latest developments in the world of personal finance in our blog.
Additionally, check out our guides which seek to answer and advise you on all of our product offerings.