The best digital banking apps - Newstalk
With the closure of Ulster Bank and KBC, many people across the country are assessing their banking options, to make sure the service they get meets their needs.
Daragh Cassidy, Head of Communications at bonkers.ie, appeared on Newstalk’s The Hard Shoulder to discuss the state of personal banking, in particular digital banking, and the best options for consumers.
Listen to the interview above or look at the main points discussed below.
Main points from the interview
- As people move increasingly towards digital banking, the quality of the app, or website, becomes more important.
- However, Daragh states before you consider the app, you need to look at the interest rate, fees and features attached to the bank account first.
- The big three traditional banks don’t have the same digital offerings as fintechs like Revolut or N26.
- Revolut stands out as the best digital banking option in the Irish market according to Daragh: “It has absolutely everything that you'd need”.
- However, he does balance this assessment, noting the complicated layout of the Revolut interface.
- The Revolut app, Daragh says, is a one stop shop for banking, loans and cryptocurrency.
- Daragh says the main banks are way behind Revolut, but adds that Bank of Ireland does offer the best value, despite its digital inefficiencies.
- The introduction of Irish IBANs by Revolut has the potential to shake up the Irish banking market.
Easily compare banking products on bonkers.ie
On bonkers.ie it’s quick and easy to compare all banking products in one place! Review fees, interest rates, and account features across a range of products in a few clicks.
You can even apply for a mortgage through our free mortgage broker service!