The benefits of fixed-price deals from Flogas - RTE
Daragh Cassidy, Head of Communications at bonkers.ie, appeared on RTE to discuss the new fixed-price deal with Bryan Dobson.
You can listen to the interview above or look at the main points discussed below.
Main points from the interview
- Flogas is offering a fixed price for gas, electricity, and dual fuel deals for 12 months. It’s actually at a reasonably competitive price, as well.
- Usually fixed prices for any product or service are more expensive, as you’re paying for peace of mind.
- Customers who sign up also get a welcome credit of €150 for one fuel, and €300 for dual fuel.
- If a household is using an average amount of gas, Flogas may end up as the cheapest for them.
- This is similar to dual fuel. However, when it comes to electricity, there are likely cheaper deals out there.
- Other energy providers may follow suit.
- Fixed energy deals have never been popular in Ireland. The last ones offered were around three years ago by Budget Energy and Iberdrola, who both left the Irish market.
- Bills will still change for customers on fixed-price plans, depending on their usage.
- If prices do fall throughout the year, customers could end up locked into higher prices.
- With the way the market has gone over the past two years, people may be happy to pay a little bit more now for peace of mind and certainty.
- Do run a full comparison and weigh up your options before signing up for anything.
Switch today and start saving
Our free energy price comparison tool will show you all the deals available from Ireland's main energy suppliers. You can also carry out your switch right here on bonkers.ie as well.
You can discover all you need to know about the comparison and switching process in our Quickstart Guide.