Is the Central Bank’s switching code working? - Morning Ireland
Daragh Cassidy, Head of Communications at bonkers.ie, appeared on Morning Ireland to discuss the Central Bank’s switching code and issues customers are experiencing.
The Central Bank’s switching code
The switching code is not really fit for purpose and many people will be met with significant delays if they’re changing their current account this way.
We’d recommend that KBC and Ulster Bank customers manually set up their own new account, as soon as possible.
Most providers will allow you to open an account online by yourself. To do this, you’ll need to:
- Take a selfie
- Upload a copy of your passport to confirm your identity
- Upload a utility bill as proof of address
Daragh discussed this topic in more detail in a recent Today FM interview, which you can listen back to here.
Find the best current account for you
If you’re seeking the right current accounts to suit your needs, look no further.
Once you’ve found the best account for your needs, take a look at our guide on how to switch current accounts.
Helpful banking articles
For more information to help with your switch, check out the following:
- Discover which bank has the best current account in this article.
- Read about how a member of our staff got on making the switch from KBC to Revolut.
- Curious about which bank has the best mobile app? Find out here.