With Joe Duffy as MC, Bobby Kerr as Chairperson of the Judging Panel, three incredible auction items on offer and 14 awards up for grabs, the stage was set for a fantastic evening at the bonkers.ie National Consumer Awards.
The Round Room at the Mansion House was the setting as representatives of some of Ireland’s best-known companies, members of the media, politicians and special guests came together to enjoy an evening of celebrating excellence in consumer value and service.
The Round Room at the Mansion House
Once the 250 black-tie clad guests settled into their seats, consumer broadcasting legend, Joe Duffy took to the stage to open proceedings.
Joe Duffy hosting the 2018 bonkers.ie National Consumer Awards
As Joe Duffy moved through the 14 categories - which covered energy, broadband, TV, mobile, banking, mortgages, marketing, customer service and community engagement - the room was filled with excited cheers and rapturous applause as winners’ names were called out.
Electric Ireland went home with four awards, including the Grand Prix, and KBC, Permanent TSB and Virgin Media each won two.
Here is the full list of winners:
- Best First-Time Buyer Mortgage - Permanent TSB
- Best Mover Mortgage - KBC
- Best Online Banking Experience - KBC
- Best TV Experience - Sky
- Best Broadband (with our without landline) - Pure Telecom
- Best Bundle (Triple or Quad) - Virgin Media
- Best Mobile Phone Plan - Virgin Mobile
- Best Energy Price Plan (New Customer) - Just Energy
- Best Energy Price Plan (Existing Customer) - Electric Ireland
- Best Energy Efficiency Service - Electric Ireland
- Best Customer Service (Public Vote) - SSE Airtricity
- Best Community Sponsorship Engagement - Electric Ireland
- Best Marketing Campaign - Permanent TSB
- Grand Prix - Best Consumer Business 2018 - Electric Ireland
Grand Prix winners, Electric Ireland, with David Kerr and Bobby Kerr
Our chosen charity
Peter McVerry Trust was our chosen charity for the second year running. We have huge admiration for their incredible work in providing support to Ireland’s homeless population.
Brian Friel, National Director of Services with the Trust, gave a fantastic speech before Joe Duffy hosted a dramatic charity auction.
We were delighted to have two VIP tickets to Electric Picnic (kindly provided by Electric Ireland), two Champions League tickets (kindly provided by eir) and an Irish rugby jersey signed by the 2004 Triple Crown winning team (kindly provided by Fintech Innovations) to auction. Every cent raised will go to Peter McVerry Trust.
On behalf of the entire bonkers.ie team, I would like to thank each and every person who attended the awards ceremony for making it such a special occasion.
I would also like to thank our partners for supporting the awards this year. We place tremendous value on the relationships have with our partners and we looking forward to continuing to work side-by-side in helping Irish consumers benefit from the competition and choice that’s available in the marketplace.
The bonkers.ie team