Bonkers.ie EXCLUSIVE: 18% Electricity Discount with Bord Gáis Energy

Bonkers.ie EXCLUSIVE: 18% Electricity Discount with Bord Gáis Energy

Bord Gáis Energy is offering an 18% electricity discount to new customers who sign up through bonkers.ie, making it the cheapest electricity deal in the marketplace.

Hear ye! Hear ye! There’s a brand new cheapest electricity deal on the market!

Bord Gáis Energy is offering an 18% electricity discount to new customers who switch through bonkers.ie.

And yes, it’s the cheapest electricity deal currently available, even including group switching campaigns and all other comparison sites.

With temperatures in freefall, the clocks set to go back this weekend and rumours of a freezing winter gathering pace, this offer couldn’t come at a much better time.

How to Get the Cheapest Electricity in Ireland

The exclusive 18% discount will bring Bord Gáis Energy’s electricity unit rate down to 12.96 cent per kilo-watt hour (14.71 cent with VAT). With Standing Charge, taxes and the PSO Levy (more on that later) added in, the average household will pay just under €998 for electricity for a year.

When compared to the legacy standard rates that most of us pay, switching to Bord Gáis Energy through bonkers.ie will save the average household about €208. And who couldn’t use an extra couple of hundred euro in the run up to Christmas?!

You’ll get this deal by opting for paperless billing, direct debit and Level Pay, which is the name Bord Gáis Energy gives to its budget plan.

Are you still on a Standard Rate?

Just 15% of Irish households switch energy suppliers every year, leaving the other 85% on Standard Rates. Which group do you fall in to?!

If you haven’t changed electricity suppliers in the past year, you’re almost certainly back on a Standard Rate and therefore missing out on hundreds of euro in savings.

PSO Levy Cut

The good news is that now is a good time to get a great deal. Three suppliers (including Bord Gáis Energy) have cut electricity prices so far this month and the PSO Levy, which every electricity user in the country must pay, was reduced from €64.37 to €60.09 on October 1st.

While the €4 PSO Levy saving won’t go too far, it’s the first time the rate hasn’t been increased in three years.

Prepare for a VERY Cold Winter

Bookmakers slashed the odds on it being a white Christmas the other day and with the clocks set to go back this weekend, it’s going to feel very wintery very soon!

We’re all going to get another hour in bed this weekend. How about using that hour to switch to Bord Gáis Energy though bonkers.ie and get your winter off to a smart start by savings a few hundred euro?



Save Time & Money

Hunting for the best deal can be tricky and very time consuming. We bring the best deals to you in one place and make comparing them a cinch!


About Us

Since we launched in mid-2010, we've won multiple awards (including Best Website in Ireland) so you can rest assured you're dealing with the best.


You Can Trust Us

We show all deals with the fullest of information so you can make your choice more quickly and more easily.

By using this website, you agree to be bound by our Terms of Use and consent to the use of cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.