We’re delighted to announce that nominations for the annual bonkers.ie National Consumer Awards are now open! The ceremony will take place on 25th February 2021 for a celebration of excellence in customer service and value.
As Ireland’s largest comparison and switching website, customer service and consumer value is at the heart of everything we stand for.
That's why our annual awards are so important to us as they give us the opportunity to recognise and celebrate companies that have excelled in these areas and gone above and beyond for their customers.
If you think your company has gone the extra mile, offered excellent value, launched a great product, or developed a new innovation for your consumers over the past year then we want to hear from you!
The big night
Given current circumstances our usual black-tie event in the Round Room at the Mansion House sadly cannot take place this year. Instead, the fifth bonkers.ie National Consumer Awards will be broadcast online on Thursday 25th February 2021. Comedian and podcaster Jarlath Regan will act as MC and keep you entertained over the one-hour show.
We hope to be back celebrating in person and in style at the Mansion House in 2022!
We are now accepting nominations from all consumer-facing organisations in Ireland, big and small, that love to go above and beyond for their customers.
The closing date is Tuesday 26th January 2021 at 6pm.
The awards categories are as follows:
- Best first-time buyer mortgage
- Best mortgage for switchers
- Best value broadband
- Best value bundle (tripleplay or quadplay)
- Best bill pay mobile phone plan
- Best prepay mobile phone plan
- Best electricity plan (new customer)
- Best electricity plan (existing customer)
- Best dual fuel plan (new customer)
- Best dual fuel plan (existing customer)
- Best customer service
- Best customer innovation
- Best community or charity engagement
- Best customer rewards or loyalty programme
- Best value mortgage protection
- Best value term insurance
- GRAND PRIX: Best consumer business 2021
All award entries are judged by a carefully selected and independent panel of industry experts with years of experience in their chosen professions, with entrepreneur, broadcaster, and former 'dragon' Bobby Kerr chairing the judging panel.
Last year’s winners
Our goal with these awards is to reflect what’s happening in the market and to capture the categories that are of greatest interest to consumers.
We felt that this was achieved to great effect last year where we were delighted to welcome over 250 representatives from some of the country’s best-known companies as well as members of the media, politicians and special guests.
- Best first-time buyer mortgage - Permanent TSB
- Best mortgage for switchers - Ulster Bank
- Best customer innovation - Virgin Media
- Best broadband - Vodafone
- Best bundle - Eir
- Best bill pay mobile phone plan - GoMo
- Best prepay mobile phone plan - Vodafone
- Best energy price plan (new customer) - Electric Ireland
- Best energy price plan (existing customer) - Flogas
- Best customer service - SSE Airtricity
- Best community or charity engagement - Vodafone
- Best rewards or loyalty programmes - Vodafone
- Best marketing campaign - Permanent TSB
- Best value term insurance - Zurich
- Best value mortgage protection - Royal London
- Best consumer business 2020 (Grand Prix) - Vodafone
We are now accepting entries on our website and we look forward to receiving yours!
Speaking at the launch of the awards, bonkers.ie CEO, David Kerr said:
“Our mission at bonkers.ie is to help Irish consumers find the very best value for money and service among energy, telecommunications, banking and insurance providers.
"With these awards we aim to drive a culture of excellence by shining a light on, and celebrating, companies that have excelled in consumer value and customer service, which is important for households now more so than ever."