How to get your mortgage with bonkers.ie
Your mortgage is likely to be your biggest monthly expense once you draw down your loan. It's vitally important that you find the best rates and get expert help for the process before committing to a bank. And that's where we come in.
Our mortgage broker service is comprehensive, impartial and free. We show mortgages available in Ireland from lenders and which ones best suit your preferences. Once you find the mortgage that best suits your needs, you can arrange a callback with one of our experienced mortgage advisors. They will talk you through your options, and if everything suits you can begin the process of uploading your documents.
Here we explain how our mortgage comparison and broker services work, so you can start your mortgage journey off right. This is the second guide in our eight-part mortgage guide series, which aims to equip you with all you need to know.
How do I find the best mortgage rates on bonkers.ie?
If you are still shopping around for the best rates, you can check out what sort of rates are available on the market.
- Simply go onto the mortgages page on bonkers.ie, click on the mortgage type you are looking for (first-time buyer, moving home, mortgage switcher) and click ‘apply for a mortgage’.
- You will be asked to input the value of the home you are looking to buy (it can be an estimate), the value of the loan you are looking to take out and the length of time you are wishing to borrow for.
- You will then see a list of different rates from our lenders, with details of the monthly repayments, APR and full-term cost of the loan.
- You can then schedule a callback through our free mortgage broker service.
How does the bonkers.ie mortgage broker service work?
Our mortgage broker service is a free tool that takes the trouble out of applying for and securing your mortgage. Our aim is to make it as easy as possible for you so you can focus on the other important things in your life. .
Here’s how it works!
- Once you submit a callback request we will have a quick phone call to confirm your details and mortgage needs.
- You will have to digitally verify your ID by downloading an app and uploading a picture of your driving licence or passport and a selfie.
- You can easily upload all your documents and statements onto our secure online portal, which will give you up-to-the-minute information on the progress of your application.
- Our mortgage team will review your documents to ensure that you are mortgage ready. Then our team will send your application to your desired lender. You can digitally sign any necessary paperwork or documents when your documents are ready to go.
- Everything from start to finish can be carried out online, from the comfort of your home or wherever is convenient, saving you time, paperwork and hassle.
- Despite everything being carried out online, our expert advisors will always be on hand whenever you need guidance and will be with you through your mortgage journey.
Don’t forget that you’ll also need mortgage protection insurance and home insurance to take out a mortgage. You can also compare rates and apply for both of these right here on bonkers.ie too! In some cases, you could have your cover in under an hour.
How does bonkers.ie keep rates up to date?
We monitor all mortgage rates and features on a continuous basis. We are committed to providing you with accurate and up-to-date mortgage rates, features and information at all times so you can compare in confidence.
We earn a small commission from the lender from facilitating the mortgage so there is no extra cost to you as the customer!
Start your mortgage journey today
If you’re ready to take the leap, we’re here to help you every step of the way. Start your mortgage process today and get the ball rolling. . .
For more information before applying for a mortgage, you may want to consult the other helpful guides in our mortgage series:
- Take a look at our Quickstart Guide to get an overview of all the articles in our series.
- Discover all you need to know about the mortgage completion process. In this guide we outline all the steps involved in getting a mortgage, from obtaining approval in principle to drawing down your funds.
- Find out what documents you need to apply for a mortgage here.
- Learn all about how mortgage applications are assessed by lenders.
- Become familiar with mortgage-related jargon by checking out our explainer on these 25 common mortgage terms.
- Uncover the answers to your mortgage questions in our guide on frequently asked mortgage questions.
- Finally, before applying for a mortgage here are 10 important things to know