We’re delighted to announce that the inaugural bonkers.ie Awards will take place in the Round Room at The Mansion House on March 30th 2017 for a celebration of excellence in customer value.
The number of consumers shopping around for better value home utilities has increased by 33% in the last year and Ireland’s banks, energy suppliers, broadband & TV providers and insurance companies are constantly coming up with new ways to provide value to their customers.
At bonkers.ie, we are the crossroad at which many consumers make some of their biggest financial decisions and have decided to celebrate the excellent value that is being provided to consumers in Ireland with a black-tie awards ceremony.
The bonkers.ie Awards ceremony will take place in the spectacular Round Room at the Mansion House on March 30th and will be hosted by RTÉ’s Joe Duffy.
The evening will commence with a drinks reception at 6.30pm and be followed by a gala dinner at 7.30pm sharp.
We are accepting nominations from all consumer-facing organisations in Ireland that love to go above and beyond for their customers. The closing date is February 17th at 5pm.
The awards categories are as follows:
- Best Value Current Account
- Best Value First-time Buyer Mortgage
- Best Value Switcher Mortgage
- Best in Mortgage Protection Insurance
- Best TV Only Deal
- Best Broadband Only Deal
- Best Broadband Bundle
- Best Energy Deal
- Best Innovation in Energy
- Best Customer Service – to be selected by Consumer Panel
- Best Online Customer Service Team
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign
- Best Consumer Business 2017 (Grand Prix)
Just last Friday, bonkers.ie had its accreditation as an impartial, accurate and reliable provider of price comparisons renewed by the CER for the fifth year running.
These principles are just as important to our judging process as they are to our price comparison service, so we have assembled a wholly independent and authoritative panel of experts and leaders from across Irish business to oversee the process, and are delighted to have Bobby Kerr as the Chairperson.
- Chairperson: Bobby Kerr (Co-Owner and Chairman, Insomnia Coffee Company; Broadcaster)
- Peter Callan (Consultant and Former Finance Director at The Irish Times)
- Lucy Campbell (Marketing Director at RTÉ Digital)
- Clare Dillon (Developer Experience Group Lead at Microsoft Ireland)
- Dermot Goode (Founder of TotalHealthCover.ie)
- Michael Mulhall (Founder and CEO of FinTech)
- Michele Neylon (Founder and CEO of Blacknight)
- Peter O'Reilly (Founder and CEO of low.ie)
- Jim Power (Economist, Broadcaster, Author of ‘Picking Up The Pieces’)
- John Shaw (Head of Information Technology Services at Fintrax)
Speaking at the launch of the awards, bonkers.ie Managing Director, David Kerr said: “With over 1 million users per year, our mission at bonkers.ie is to help Irish householders find the very best value for money and service in energy, broadband & TV, insurance and banking.
This is important to individual households and also to the competitiveness of our national economy. We aim to drive a culture of excellence by shining a light on, and celebrating the best of consumer value and service nationally.”